Saturday, February 8, 2014

Thank God I Have Them

Dear God,

           I wrote this letter to You because I know to myself that I am not that expressive about my feelings for my parents. And because of that, my parents always think that I don't appreciate the things that they had given me and the things that they had done and sacrificed for me. So I am thinking that through this letter, I can express it.


          Most and foremost, I would like to thank You in every blessing You gave to me and to my parents. I am very grateful to You because you gave me such wonderful parents now. Without them, I will not be who I am today. Parents that are always been there for me through thick and thin, who lights my candle when I need guidance and enlightenment, who inspires me to do the things I wanted and needed to do, who understands my flaws and the lack of time for them, and who are making nights into days just to work for my sake. I truly understand why they are sometimes mad at me, and that's because, they just wanted me to take the right path in my life. I am very sorry because I raised my voice on them sometimes, and I know that's very painful to them. I know that I am not a perfect daughter. I sometimes become so disrespectful to them and I am so lazy to do some chores in our house that is supposed to be done by me. And because of that, I am very disappointed to myself because I can't even help them through it. I also feel bad when they are not appreciating my grades, but, I am wrong. They really appreciate it. I hate it when they compare me to others. But now, i realized that after that comparing, I am struggling now to be better than the person they are comparing me.


        I know I had done many bad things to them. But, I hope that they will see the other side, or the positive things I did to them. Now that I am all grown up, I realized that my parents are the most important people in my life and no one or nothing could replace them. They are the ones who given me my beautiful name and voice. God, please bless my parents and make them healthy always. Please give them a longer patience to discipline me. Give them strength and courage in facing everyday's challenges. I hope that they will forgive in all of the sins I made to them. Continue guiding our family to the right path. Thank You God that I have them.


                                                                                                                                       Your daughter,
                                                                                                                                        Jochelle

No comments:

Post a Comment