Monday, September 9, 2013

Forgive and Forget for No Regrets

                  I usually hear the line "Forgive and Forget", when someone is giving advice to a person who was hurt by someone. For me, that line indicates that we should forgive that person and just forget everything. When someone offended me, I easily forgive that person but I know to myself that I will never forget what just happened because the damage was already done. I know that everyone deserves second chances, but for me, it does not only depends on the weight of your sin but also the attitude of the one who committed the sin. And just like my mom always says, "Second chances are okay but third chances are stupid."

                 Everyone commits mistakes, so I believe that we should forgive those people who committed a sin, for our God Almighty forgave us in all of our sins. In my experience, there was a boy who only took advantage of my feelings. He said that he also liked me but the truth is, he didn't. One sided love? Well, that's what my friends told me. (For more clarification of that story, just read my blog, Truth Behind Lies). That boy said sorry to me after one year of not telling me the truth. I easily forgave him and I am very thankful to him because if it wasn't for him, I will not have my true friends now. ♫♫♫He also made me stronger by breaking my heart. ♫♫♫ I also wanted to regain our long lost friendship that was broken because of that so called Love. I just forgive and forget so that I will not have regrets. After those forgiving and forgetting scenes, we are now friends again and only our good memories together are remained in my heart and mind.

               We all know that forgiving is easy but forgetting is a way harder. But, I am very sure that if you're already in a situation like that, you're only the one that can decide and resolve that problem of yours. It is better if we don't have problems with others, right? Just keep moving forward and don't ever look back. So remember. Just forgive and forget so that we will don't have regrets.

               

No comments:

Post a Comment